Our Shirodhara treatment combines two of the most popular treatments available at the centre;
- Abhyanga Treatment – involving specially formulated warmed herbal oil massage. Nourishing and revitalising, Abhyanga helps pacify the three doshas or ‘bioenergies’ within the body. This, in turn, encourages the release of toxins from deep within the tissue and the GI tract so that it can be efficiently eliminated.
- Shirodhara Oil Treatment – Involves 2 litres of specifically formulated liquid being poured over the forehead and ‘third eye’ in a constant, gentle stream. This has a profoundly balancing effect on the brain while stimulating the nervous system. Liquids used include medicated and relaxing herbal oil, herbal milk and buttermilk.
Combining these two potent treatments helps connect the body and mind at a deeper level while removing toxins, increase circulation and completely relaxing the muscles. Herbal massage with a bliss-inducing, stress reducing the difference. This treatment is often recommended for those suffering:
- Nervous tension
- Depression and anxiety
- Skin conditions
Your treatment at the centre will start with a soothing foot soak while an Ayurvedic consultant begins massaging the head, shoulders and neck. After hopping up onto the beautifully carved, traditional wooden treatment bed, the 45 minute Abhyanga oleation will begin using warm herbal oils that penetrate deeply through the skin into the tissue and muscles. As traditional Indian Gandharva music plays softly in the background, you will move onto the Shirodhara massage that often induces a state of relaxation so deep you’ll be unsure whether they are fully awake or actually dreaming! A continuous stream of warm oil will be poured over your forehead as you alternately doze and reconnect with yourself.
The treatment is concluded in the specially designed meditation space where guests can sip freshly brewed tea and rest quietly as their body and mind recalibrates after their treatment.
- Helps overcome stress and calms the nervous system
- Helps combat insomnia, anxiety and chronic headaches
- Re-ignites mental creativity
- Invigorates the body and mind
- Improves memory and mental clarity
- Rejuvenates the face and softens worry lines
- Opens the third eye
- Increases spiritual awareness
Treatment time: 45 min + 45 min + 30 min sound therapy/meditation = $346
What our clients have to say:
“ From the minute I arrived, I felt relaxed. I had no real clue as to what was going to happen but felt at ease that I was going to be cared for. The rose petals surrounding the rooms are divine. But onto the main gig – the treatment. I’ve had many massages and this one has just topped everything I’ve ever had. The head and shoulder massage kicked things off – I was immediately transported to the land of relaxation – a considerable feat as I don’t relax well. Then up on the massage bench. Now comes the oil, in abundance. So, like another reviewer mentioned, come prepared for a dousing in warm oil. The masseur was delightful and I loved her technique. But the Shirodhara treatment was something else. A steady stream of warm oil poured slowly and gently over my forehead (third eye). This was heavenly. I know I was in a deep state of relaxation (not sleeping) as I did let out a couple of snore, but I was aware of the music and the oil streaming. “
“ The warmth of the oil overwhelmed my body, my head, my consciousness, creating profound relaxation, and bringing me to a state of blissful unconsciousness where I experienced relaxation on a different plane to any previously experienced. On waking from the gentle pressure of the warm and soothing oil, I knew I had undergone a body-mind transformation. I feel so grateful for being able to experience such an authentic Ayurvedic treatment in Sydney. “