Herbal massage with a bliss inducing, stress busting difference. The Ayurvedic Wellness Centre Dhara Treatment combines two of the most popular experiences available at the centre;
- Abhyanga – a form of full body Ayurvedic massage involving specially formulated warmed herbal oils to restore balance and completely relax the body.
- Shirodhara – Involves 2 litres of specifically formulated herbal oil concoction being poured over the body in a constant, gentle stream.
Combining these two potent treatments helps release stress and tension and connect the body and mind at a deeper level while purifying toxins, increasing circulation and completely relaxing the muscles.
Your treatment at the centre will start with a soothing foot soak while an Ayurvedic consultant begins massaging the head, shoulders and neck. After hopping up onto the beautifully carved wooden treatment bed, the 45 minute Abhyanga oleation will begin using warm herbal oils that penetrate deeply through the skin into the tissue and muscles.
As traditional Indian Gandharva music plays softly in the background, you will move onto the Dhara treatment that often induces a state of relaxation so deep you’ll be unsure whether they are fully awake or actually dreaming! A continuous stream of warm liquid is poured over your body as you alternately doze and reconnect with yourself. Liquids used include herbal oil and herbal infused buttermilk.
The treatment is concluded in the specially designed meditation space where guests can sip freshly brewed tea and rest quietly as their body and mind recalibrates after their treatment.
- Helps overcome stress and calms the nervous system
- Helps combat insomnia, anxiety and chronic headaches
- Re-ignites mental creativity
- Invigorates the body and mind
- Improves memory and mental clarity
- Rejuvenates the face and softens worry lines
- Opens the third eye
- Increases spiritual awareness
Treatment time: 90 minutes + 30 min sound therapy = $300