Panchakarma is a unique holistic detox program that effectively rids the body of toxic materials caused by poor nutrition, disease and modern living. This gentle detox brings the body and mind back into balance for total wellbeing. The 3-, 5- or 7-day program includes Ayurvedic doctor consultations, herbal oil treatments, herbal supplements, steam therapy, gentle enemas, Ayurvedic food and Nasya (neck, head and sinus therapy).
Panchakarma is a customised detox based specifically on the individual’s needs and takes into account your Ayurvedic constitutional type, age, immune status, Doshic imbalances, digestive strength, and many other factors. An Ayurvedic doctor will prescribe your specific treatments and monitor your progress during the entire program.
Our body will usually process and remove waste materials efficiently but lifestyle, poor exercise, dietary habits and genetic predispositions can upset our metabolism. An accumulation and spread of toxins throughout the body can lead to disease. In Ayurveda, waste materials are called Ama, which is an unpleasant sticky, bad-smelling and harmful substance that should be completely eliminated from the body.
Panchakarma is used in Ayurvedic medicine as a seasonal treatment in the maintenance of physical and mental hygiene. It corrects Doshic imbalances, in addition to eliminating harmful Ama from your system by means of the body’s own organs and elimination routes, such as the sweat glands, colon, bladder, lungs, stomach, urinary tract and intestines.
Benefits of Panchakarma:
- Enjoyable regime that addresses chronic disease, stress and ageing.
- Eliminates harmful toxins from the body’s tissues and cells.
- Strengthens the immune system’s defense to illness and stress.
- Effectively calms the nervous system through relaxation techniques.
- Restores balance, vitality and harmony within one’s internal environment.
- Reverses the harmful effects of the oxidation process in the body.
- Enhances strength, vitality, energy and mental capacity.
- Promotes good health, rejuvenation and a sense of wellbeing.
- Initial consultation As with any other medical procedure, your therapy will begin with an initial consultation by an experienced Ayurvedic doctor, who will be able to determine your constitutional type (Prakriti), specific health problems (if there are any), and the correct intensity for the prescribed therapies. This consultation will occur prior to your detox and the doctor may prescribe herbs to prepare and support your detox.
- Treatments These treatments have been proven to balance metabolic activity and to create measurable brainwave coherence. The mind and body relax into a wonderful sense of peacefulness, and while in this state it’s possible to release emotional tensions and to cleanse toxins from body tissues.
Included with your Panchakarma detox:
- 2 Ayurvedic doctor’s consultations
- Bag of Detox Herbal Tea with instruction.
- 5-6 treatments per day
- Food during the time of your detox each day and to take home.
- White sage
- Hand-crafted organic oils for all treatments
- Meditation CD
- 2 bottles of prescribed herbal tablets
“The word ‘detox’ does not remotely describe this amazing treatment – ‘rejuvenation’ and ‘revitalisation’ would be much more appropriate. I was surprised by the incredible feeling of wellbeing and connectedness in my body after the second day. Just sitting and feeling euphorically happy, connecting again with the simple experience of life was so rewarding. I felt like several layers of something heavy had been pulled off me. The treatment itself was so wonderful and enjoyable, and I’m already looking forward to coming back. Thanks to everyone at the centre for making the weekend such an amazing experience.”
– Sabine Cotter,
Guest Relations Macquarie Bank
“Thank you so much to you all for a most wonderful weekend. I felt truly cared for and spoilt in every way. The treatment was simply amazing, luxurious and at the same time gentle and yet deeply profound. Sitting in the wonderful meditation room after the treatment on Saturday afternoon, I felt so joyful and completely relaxed and renewed at every level of my being. The oil massage was delightful and created a wonderful sense of wellbeing. I didn’t want to leave on Sunday and can’t wait to come back again.”