Ayurveda considers cumin and fennel to be beneficial ingredients. They have a higher degree of therapeutic properties and usages than most common spices and foodstuffs. So, let’s compare these two Ayurvedic remedies and see how they can help you maintain a healthy and energetic body.
Vitamins you can get from fennel:
Fennel is considered to be a good source of vitamin C, but it also contains calcium, magnesium, iron and vitamin A.
Benefits of fennel:
- Aids digestion and acts as mouth freshener
- Is a diuretic, helping to detoxify the blood
- Helps get rid of intestinal worms
- Relieves hemorrhoids
- Calms the mind and increases clarity
- Relaxes blood vessels with its aromatic qualities
Fennel as a medicine:
- Warm fennel tea is a great remedy for bad breath.
- By drinking fennel tea with a little bit of honey 2 to 3 times a day, colds, coughs, and upper respiratory congestions are all soothed.
- For sore throats, gargle warm fennel tea 2-3 times a day before going to bed
Vitamins you can get from cumin
Cumin is considered as a good source of iron, vitamin A, calcium, magnesium, and vitamin B-6. Apart from that, cumin also contains vitamin C.
Benefits of cumin
- Helps in warming digestive process and stimulating blood flow to digestive organs
- Aids gas problems while acting as pain reliever in cases of diarrhea and stomach pain.
- Restores tissues
- Its unique dryness is quite effective for removing excessive moisture from the body
- Purifies the blood
- Is an antispasmodic (Calms and smoothens muscle spasms)
Cumin as a medicine
- By mixing 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds, coriander seeds and fennel seeds into a cup of boiling water and steeping it for 10 minutes, fever symptoms are reduced.
- To alleviate ingestion, nausea, vomiting, and poor appetite, prepare a paste of cumin seeds, coriander, and ghee. You can consume this paste with some rice or on toast.
- To make cumin tea, mix a teaspoon of cumin seeds with a cup of hot water and steep it for 10 minutes. By drinking it regularly, indigestion and flatulence are relieved